Has anyone noticed how traders can have nearly new or used cars in their fore court for months on end, yet the price remains the same?

If the public buys a car and just leaves it sitting in their drive, then it still depreciates dramatically.

Vert strange, but surely not a fair system of pricing??

All are subject to 'Glasses Guide' so they all de-value. Most if not all cars (Trade and Private) are over-priced and the seller always expect a bit of financial arm wrestling, that's how all business works surely?

The longer it's on the forecourt the more chance you have of him accepting an offer.....

Unfortunately Joe, I have not found your last paragraph to work in my favour.

As for "Glasses Guide" there are a growing number of us up here tell car salesmen not to bother taking the "Fairytale Book" out of their pocket. One reason for this is that there is a substantial "North-South" divide in car prices especially at auction. In my own experience, the insurance company was going to write off my daughters car, based on Glasses valuation. When challenged, they could not provide any details whatsoever relating to sales of this particular car---why? Because it was an unusual car and there had not been any recent sales to get a guide from. Nissan Sunny COUPE---very hard to come by nowadays.

As potential buyers we all have the choice of walking away from any deal ^_^

Here's real depreciation for you. I paid nearly £11,000 for my car two years ago (08 plate 110 diesel). Today, i spoke with the salesmanager of the local Shiltroën dealers and he valued my car at £5500. 5.5Grand depreciation in two years or 50% if you look at it this way. 5.5Grand for 20,000 miles motoring??? --way out of my league. So I told the chap that if he could get any mug to sell him the same spec of car, then i would take two or three and give him a good remuneration for his troubles.

I don't know where this chap gets his info as he was adament that he could still supply brand new unregistered 92bhp diesel Xsara Picasso's---but at list price. He did however conceed that he couldn't get orders as this price was not competitive with the C4 Pic. WHERE ARE THEY HIDDEN I WONDER.

He probably knew your's had a FAP :D

• 10 years later...