I have driven through a few deepish puddles recently with varying results.First time the car was fine for a few hundred yards,then lost power,black smoked,then blue smoked,rattled and eventually cleared itself up.Happened again a few weeks later(same puddle),got it to my workshop to investigate,checked the air filter expecting it to be soaked.Dry as a bone!.Not wanting to have the same problem again seeing how low its air intake is,I drilled a couple of large holes in the air box so it can pick up air from within the engine bay.Went through a shallow puddle yesterday,ssame result,but it soon cleared and drove normally.Left it at work all day ,and on the way home it black smoked,had a loss of power,sometimes blue diesel smoke,harsh engine sound.Ticks over and starts as well as it always does.It feels like its getting no boost,is the wastegate susceptable to water?Any ideas People? 

Have you made the new holes on the engine side of the MAF (air flow meter) ? If so the air will not be measured, a reduced flow will be measured by the meter and the fuel flow rate injected will not be correct. As a test I would tape over these new holes to see if they are the cause of the most recent running problems.

hi, just a thought, check all the air intake carefully from where it starts to where it comes into the air box (filter), there are some joints low down on the system and if these are not sealed  or tight water can get sucked in as mist, there is a lot of suction pressure in these plastic pipes when engine is running fast. also check the under the wing plastic  protection guard for holes or big splits as behind here is where the engine gets the air